Volunteering at the Centre
Volunteering at Atisha Centre
As with many other non-profit organisations, we are always looking for volunteers to help run the Centre.
Please consider becoming part of the Atisha Centre volunteer community and bring benefit to countless beings by helping to keep the Centre running and flourishing!
The kinds of things we need help with
◉ Helping to facilitate the various Programme events we have on our calendar
● setting up our gompa and other venues for events
● running the sound, video and recording system
● meeting and greeting visitors and guests
● serving refreshments when needed
● tidying up the venue at the end of an event.
◉ Caring for the Centre - inside and outside - including ...
● sweeping/raking paths and grounds
● cleaning, tidying the Courtyard
● cleaning and maintenance of our holy objects
● helping with repair work.
◉ Assisting with the various Centre functions ...
● dining area:
■ cooking, kitchen hand, cleaning
● café - "Wishfulfilling Jewel Cafe":
■ serving, baristing, waiting, dishes
● giftshop - "Lama's Dharma Shop":
■ serving, shop display, cleaning
● accommodation - assist Accommodation Manager:
■ meeting and greeting, room preparation, cleaning, laundry.
◉ Publicity and Centre promotion ...
● social media
● letterbox drops
If you feel that you are interested in volunteering in any of these areas, we would love to hear from you.
Please email us or, alternatively, complete the form at the bottom of this page and we will set up a meeting time for you to come for a chat and a cuppa and we can work out the details from there.
Specific Roles Available Now
◉ Kitchen Manager
We are looking an exchange volunteer to fill the position of Kitchen Manager
Full responsibilty for all aspects relating to management of the kitchen/ dining area.
• Ensuring kitchen/dining area is kept clean and dry
• Maintain food storage and safety guidelines
• Coordinating kitchen staff for Centre events.
We are offering accommodation onsite.
We are located in beautiful bushlands close to Bendigo.
There are great benefits to living and working in a Dharma Centre.
At Atisha Centre, a thriving Dharma community, we offer a substantial programme with teachings from highly qualified and exceptional Buddhist teachers.
If you would like to apply as a volunteer, please email the Director or complete the form below.
◉ Accommodation Manager
We are looking for an exchange volunteer to fill the position of Accommodation Manager.
Responsibilty for all aspects relating to management of the accommodation area. This includes:
• Customer service
• Overseeing cleaning, laundry and maintaining of facilities
• Liaison with Office Manager and Programme Coordinator regarding
We are offering caravan accommodation onsite.
If you would like to apply for this position, please email the Director.
◉ Spiritual Programme Assistant
We are looking for a Buddhist student to assist the Programme Coordinator.
This role may include accommodation offered onsite as an exchange position.
• Assisting the Programme Coordinator in a variety of roles.
Fill in this volunteering enquiry form and we will be in touch soon